Tips To Be Considered for Good oral Hygiene
Visiting a dentist regularly helps you maintain healthy teeth, gums and good oral hygiene. So, we recommend everyone to visit the dentist atleast once a month.
Here are some general tips to help you look after your teeth.
1. Brush twice a day: Brushing teeth after each meal is recommendable. A toothbrush with a small head which access the back teeth better. Also soft bristles are kinder for your gums. Because Brushing harder does not Clean better.
2. Always use Fluoride added toothpaste: As Fluoride helps to harden the tooth enamel and decreases the risk of tooth decay. So, using fluoridated toothpaste is good for oral care.
3. Brush extensively: We should brush our teeth only between two and three minutes as it is sufficient to clean your teeth and gums.
4. Daily floss your teeth: A slow and gentle sawing motion should be used daily as it prevents tooth decay.
5. Avoid the excessive use of acidic drinks, cordials & fruit juices: Acids soften the tooth mineral and those minerals get dissolved in the tooh enamel, which causes tooth hole, cavities etc.
6. Put a limit on Sugary foods: As sugary food has a risk of generating bacteria so soon as compare to other foods. So, bacteria in detal plaque changes sugars into acids which increases the risk of tooth decay.
7. Attempt to save the knocked out tooth: while you seek immediate dental advice, hold the tooth back in place. If it is not possible, place some milk in that place and immediately visit a dentist.
8. Do not use teeth for anything else other than chewing food: Some of us try to open the seal of the bottle , to crack nuts etc, so we increase the risk of chipping and even breaking of the teeth.
9. Visit your dentist on regular basis: As dentist is the best friend who gives us tips related to our oral care and solves all our dental problems. So, we must visit our dentist atleast once a moth so that if something is going in wrong way we can rectify it sooner.
10. Try to avoid the injury to your teeth : Use a helmet or safeguard while playing games or driving vehicles.
(Reference – http://bit.ly/2Lp4tsT)